Start Your Own Bookkeeping Business Program dual certificate course
Payment Method: Online course: $3,895. Payment options available to discuss. (Dual certificate course)
Included in this program:: 12 months m'ship to Bookkeepers Hub; Start Your Own Bookkeeping Business textbook.; 12 months mentoring program after graduation
Set yourself apart from the rest with this entry level qualification.
Do you want to start your own bookkeeping business and become an accredited bookkeeper and a BAS Agent?
- Develop your core professional skills
- Connect and collaborate with peers, experts and industry leaders
- Build your knowledge across multiple domains
- Accelerate your career progression
- Gain respect as a bookkeeping professional
- Work fewer hours at higher rates. Attract better clients. Learn how!
How to get started: Enrolment form here
This program consists of the FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping as well as the FNS30317 Certificate III in Accounts Administration.
The Bookkeeping Institute of Australia is the only registered training organisation in Australia providing a mentoring Program for our graduates to launch their own Bookkeeping business.
In order to register, a bookkeeper must hold a Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping, or higher, and have undertaken at least 1,400 hours (reducible to 1,000 if a member of a BAS agent association), working under the direction of a BAS Agent or Tax Agent, in the previous 4 years.
Just obtaining your Cert IV is not enough! If you want to start a contract bookkeeping business you must be able to gain the relevant experience.
The Bookkeeping Institute of Australia will not only enable you to obtain the nationally recognised FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping but provide 12 month mentoring after graduation to help you start operating a contract bookkeeping business*.
Our BAS Service enables you to retain the control of the client relationship and you pay a per-BAS lodgement fee to our Agent.
Under this model, your client’s reliance in the legal sense rests with the lodging party. This means that you, as the underlying bookkeeper, are no longer providing a “BAS Service” and therefore do not need to register as a BAS Agent. Importantly, however, it means that you can continue to facilitate BAS services for your clients. If you want to know more just call us to discuss how we can help you further.
Exclusive to BIA Students: 12 months mentor program after graduation.
Included in the course fee are the following:
- Twelve months free membership to the Australian Bookkeepers Hub valued at over $99
- BIAs exclusive MYOB comprehensive electronic manuals covering the basics, Payroll, GST and BAS.
- The following study guides [pdf files]:
- BIA Bookkeeping Business Guide
- Additional BIA Accounting guides
- Additional reference information
- A FREE copy of MYOB Student Edition
- Help with guidelines as to how to log the 1400 hours of relevant BAS and GST experience that you will need for re-registration
- 12 monthly mentoring after graduation*
- Australian Master Bookkeepers Guide - by Stephen Marsden.
If you wish to secure your place on the course immediately please book above. Instalment payments are through the Bill Buddy system.