Start Your Own Bookkeeping Business Program
Payment Method: Online course: $2,895. Payment options available to discuss. (Dual certificate course)
Included in this program:: 12 months m'ship to Bookkeepers Hub; Six Steps to Six Figures E-Book; Start Your Own Bookkeeping Business textbook.
Do you want to start your own bookkeeping business and become an accredited bookkeeper and a BAS Agent?
- Develop your core professional skills
- Connect and collaborate with peers, experts and industry leaders
- Build your knowledge across multiple domains
- Accelerate your career progression
- Gain respect as a bookkeeping professional
- Work fewer hours at higher rates. Attract better clients. Learn how!
We have a Total Solution Program for Bookkeepers:
This nationally accredited online bookkeeping qualification has been developed for bookkeepers by bookkeepers. The Bookkeeping Institute of Australia has written the first ever training course for this qualification and was the first training institute in Australia to deliver the online bookkeeping qualification in October 2007. The course has already been has been proven in the field with over 5,000 students undertaking BIA Certificate courses.
The Bookkeeping Institute of Australia is the only registered training organisation in Australia providing a Total Solution Program for Bookkeepers to become BAS Agents under the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 .
Under the legislation, which commenced on 1 March 2010, bookkeepers must be registered BAS Agents, or working under the supervision and control of a BAS Agent or Tax Agent, in order to provide BAS agent services for a fee or to "engage in other conduct connected with providing such services".
In order to register, a bookkeeper must hold a Certificate IV in Bookkeeping, or higher, and have undertaken at least 1,400 hours (reducible to 1,000 if you join a BAS agent association. relevant experience, working under the direction of a BAS Agent or Tax Agent, in the previous 4 years.
Just obtaining your Cert IV is not enough! If you want to start a contract bookkeeping business you must be able to gain the relevant experience.
The Bookkeeping Institute of Australia will not only enable you to obtain the nationally recognised FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping but through our BAS Agent we will help you achieve the relevant experience you need and to start operating a contract bookkeeping business whenever you feel you are ready.
This enables you to retain the control of the client relationship and pay a per-BAS lodgement fee to our Agent , which you can either on-charge or mark-up to your client.
Under this model, the client’s reliance in the legal sense rests with the lodging party. This means that you, as the underlying bookkeeper, are no longer providing a “BAS Service” and therefore do not need to register as a BAS Agent. Importantly, however, it means that you can continue to facilitate BAS services for your clients. If you want to know more just call us to discuss how we can help you further.
Exclusive to BIA Students:
Included in the course fee are the following:
- 12 months free membership to the Australian Bookkeepers Hub valued at over $99
- BIAs exclusive MYOB comprehensive electronic manuals covering the basics, Payroll, GST and BAS.
- You also receive the following study guides [.pdf files]:
- BIA Bookkeeping Business Guide
- Plus additional BIA Accounting guides
- Additional reference information
- A FREE copy of MYOB Student Edition
- Help you with guidelines as to how to log the 1400 hours of relevant BAS and GST experience that you will need for re-registration
- Provide you with knowledgeable advice and support on the bookkeeping industry and the laws.
- Working in the Financial Services Industry - 3rd Edition - by Kay Waters specifically for the Financial Services Training Package.
- Accounting and Bookkeeping: Principles and Practice - by David Willis.
- Australian Master Bookkeepers Guide - by Stephen Marsden.
Exclusive to the BIA Start Your Own Bookkeeping Business Program:
- Start Your Own Bookkeeping Business textbook written by our CEO, Debra Lewis. The bundled package, Print Editiion, E-Book Download + Workbook. Total value $109.95. Special Price: $59.95
- 12 months membership to Bookkeepers Hub - [conditions apply].
- The Bookkeepers Hub Small business e-book series, Six Steps to Six figures .
If you wish to secure your place on the course immediately please book above. Instalment payments are through the Bill Buddy system.