BAS only Assessment - BAS AGENT $350
This is an approved course in basic GST/BAS Taxation Principles approved by the Taxation Practitioner's Board
AVAILABLE BY DISTANCE LEARNING
FNSBKG404: Carry out business activity and instalment activity tasks
This course will be fully assessed and is not offered by RPL
This course and includes:
- The obligations of a BAS agent under the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA 2009), including the Code of Professional Conduct and the Civil Penalty provisions
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO) requirements, including meeting of deadlines in relation to Activity Statements
- Current statutory, legislation and regulatory requirements related to the preparation of Activity Statements
- Accounting terminology in order to understand and maintain knowledge of statutory, legislative, regulatory and other requirements
- GST terminology, classifications, regulations and obligations
- Characteristics of software necessary for research or to record information electronically
- TPB requirements in relation to registration as a BAS agent
- Recognising GST implications and coding transactions
- Reporting on payroll and other amounts withheld, pay as you go (PAYG) instalments and taxes
- Completing, reconciling and lodging the Activity Statement
- Interpreting and complying with relevant provisions in the following Acts and their associated regulations
- Interpreting and complying with relevant ATO and TPB requirements, including TPB registration requirements where applicable
- A comprehensive BIA written study guide
- PowerPoint slides
- Australian Master Bookkeepers Guide (If purchased)
Included in the study guide are the following chapters:
- Goods & Services Tax
- Overview of the GST
- Types of supplies
- What is a taxable supply?
- Liability for GST on taxable supplies
- GST Free Supplies
- Input taxed supplies
- Financial supplies
- Residential rent
- Creditable acquisitions
- Luxury cars and GST input tax credits
- Purchase of a car with Luxury Car Tax
- Pre-establishment costs
- Car expenses and GST input tax credits
- Attribution basis
- Cash basis
- Accruals basis
- Tax periods
- Tax invoices
- Adjustment for bad debts
- Second-hand goods
- Activity Statements
- The Business Activity Statement
- Goods and services tax
- GST reporting options
- Report and pay GST annually
- GST & the BAS
- Input taxed supplies
- Out-of-scope supplies
- GST-free supplie
- PAYG & the BAS
- PAYG tax withheld
- Small withholder
- Medium withholder
- PAYG withheld and the BAS
- PAYG income tax instalment
- PAYG reporting options
- Fringe benefits tax (FBT) instalment
- Completing the BAS — the summary section
- Payment or refund
Education requirements for BAS agents
According to the Tax Practitioners Board (The Board) . . . To become a registered BAS agent, or to renew your existing registration, you may need to satisfy education requirements, depending on the type of application you make.
If you are applying for the first time as a BAS agent, you may apply for registration using a:
Standard application education requirements
If you are seeking registration as a BAS agent under the standard application option, you must meet all of the standard BAS agent eligibility criteria, including the education requirements. Additional eligibility criteria, such as relevant experience and fit and proper person requirements must also be met as part of the standard application option.
There are two education options. You need to satisfy only one of these:
- awarded a Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or Accounting; and
- successfully completed a Board approved course in basic GST/BAS taxation principles (which may be included within the above certificate).
- awarded a higher award than a Certificate IV in the field of bookkeeping or accounting (for example, a Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Degree), and
- successfully completed a Board approved course in basic GST/BAS taxation principles (which may be included within the above award).
Board approved course in basic GST/BAS taxation principles
If you have successfully completed another course which you believe should be accepted as a Board approved course in basic GST/BAS taxation principles, then you should include a submission with your application, detailing course content and assessment requirements.
The following units from the Certificate IV in Bookkeeping and Certificate IV in Accounting together have been approved by the Board as an approved course in basis GST/BAS taxation principles:
- FNSBKG404 Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
- FNSBKG405 Establish and maintain a payroll system.
You may search the Qualifications list for Board approved basic GST/BAS taxation principles courses. Note that only the above two courses meet the meet the requirements of a Board approved course in basic GST/BAS taxation principles (GST/BAS course) for Application or renewal lodged from 1 March 2012.
The Bookkeeping Institute of Australia GST/BAS and Payroll courses are formally assessed and do not include any element of RPL. Consequently we do not issue a statement of assurance but our graduation certificate makes it clear that competency was achieved by formal assessment.
How does distance/online work?
It is quite simple really. After you have enroled with Bookkeeping Institute of Australia and accepted our letter of offer students will receive study and accounting guides that you will need, together with the MYOB Student Edition DVD and the PowerPoint lecture and tutorial slides, assessments and reference material.
You will need to read our "Getting Started Guide" which will tell you what is contained in your package and our recommendations of what to do in what sequence.
Then you open up your first lecture in PowerPoint. This lecture will point you to which chapters in which book you should study and when. After finishing the lecture you will be advised to complete your Assessment.
If you need help you call our dedicated 1300 student support line or email Bookkeeping Institute of Australia support for help. Because we are dedicated to bookkeeping you will get directly through to a support consultant that can help you.
THIS COURSE IS AVAILABLE ONLY BY DISTANCE LEARNING
If you wish to secure your place on the course please book on-line above. The course fee can be made by EFT or through PayPal. If you wish to discuss alternative payment arrangements please contact us. Students have two months to complete this course. Extensions are available upon request.