DEBRA LEWIS - CEO
BOOKKEEPING INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
I am the CEO of Bookkeeping Institute of Australia Pty Ltd and have over 30 years experience in business management, accounting and corporate governance. '
I'm commited to enhacing the educational experience of myt students and strive for professial excellence throughout my career.
Most of my students are like me - striving to be financially independent, setting up their own businesses and helping their families (I have 4 sons).
Students need perservance and determination to complete their studies and I provide the support and motivation.
I am the author of the book, Start Your Own Bookkeeping Business for Australian conditions and I have my own bookkeeping clients - keeping my hand in the industry!
I am in my second year as President of the Rotary Club of Brisbane Planetarium and organisation which does good in the world and of which I am passionate about - a diverse group of individuals that make a difference for others.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Masters of Business Administration
- Dip. Acct
- Grad of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Certificate IV Bookkeeping
- Cert IV Training and Assessment
- Dip Training & Design
- Dip Vocational Education and Training
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Registered BAS Agent
- Justice of the Peace (Qld)
- Registered Marriage Celebrant
- Member Australian Bookkeepers Network
- Assoc Member of Tax Institute
- Past Treasurer Rotary Club of Brisbane Planetarium
- President Rotary Club of Brisbane Planetarium 2016-17 & 2017-18