Online study is more than just a convenient way for you to fit study around your work and other commitments, although convenience is definitely one of the perks. Other benefits include the lower price point, no commute time, and, of course, being able to study in your pyjamas (hallelujah!).
More and more people are choosing to study in order to upskill in their current roles or to boost their career advancement opportunities, and the flexibility that online learning provides is making it easier than ever to do.
Not having to stick to a regimented schedule allows you to take more time on particular units and fully understand them without being rushed onto the next topic too quickly. You can re-watch, re-read, and take as much time as you like with the course materials as you can access them whenever you want. Conversely, you can breeze through the topics you’re more familiar with instead of wasting time in class waiting for others to catch up. You’re completely in charge of the pace of your learning.
Most of us are familiar with the benefits that online learning offers to us as individuals, but it’s also providing a major benefit to society as a whole. Online learning has changed the education landscape to make it accessible by just about everyone, everywhere.
For those already in the workforce wanting to upskill, previously your options might have been to rush off to a night class after a full day at work, or seek approval for time off from work to undertake your study. If taking leave wasn’t an option and classes just didn’t quite fit your schedule, you probably would have postponed, or even given up on, the idea of studying until it could fit in better with your life.
These days, as long as you can access the internet from somewhere – be it your home, work, or even a public library – you can choose to study a plethora of online courses at your whim. More and more courses are now available to study online, and they are more readily accessible by everyone.
HOW DO I ENROL?
OTHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS LIKE TAFE REQUIRE ME TO PURCHASE TEXTBOOKS AND EQUIPMENT ON TOP OF MY COURSE FEES. WHAT ADDITIONAL ITEMS WILL I NEED TO PURCHASE IF I STUDY WITH BIA?
WHEN WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO COURSE MATERIALS?
WILL I RECEIVE THE SAME ACCREDITATION FROM BIA THAT I WOULD GET THROUGH OTHER EDUCATION PROVIDERS LIKE TAFE?
WHAT DOES NATIONALLY RECOGNISED MEAN?
TAFE COURSES ARE AUSTUDY AND ABSTUDY APPROVED. CAN I APPLY FOR AUSTUDY OR ABSTUDY ASSISTANCE IF I STUDY WITH BIA?
TAFE courses are Austudy and Abstudy approved. Can I apply for Austudy or Abstudy assistance if I study with BIA?
Please call 1300 729 844 to discuss this option, but yes we are approved.
HOW LONG WILL MY COURSE TAKE?
WILL I RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE?
ARE THERE ANY PRE-REQUISITES FOR MY COURSE?
DO I NEED TO ATTEND AN INSTITUTE TO TAKE EXAMS?
HOW IS ONLINE LEARNING DIFFERENT FROM CLASSROOM-BASED COURSES?
- Studying online gives you greater flexibility. BIA students have the ability develop their own learning schedule around current commitments. Classroom training requires students to attend classes dictated by a formal timetable.
- Studying online with BIA means you can look after your children at home, while you are earning your education. Studying a classroom-based course means arranging childcare, and that can be expensive and inconvenient.
- There are no formalised timetables with distance online learning, which means you can complete your course around full-time work. This eliminates any potential financial strain and gives you more time to spend with your family and friends.
- BIA distance online learning has no formal timetables which means we accept enrolments at any time of the year so you can begin your course at a time that suits you.
- Having no classes to attend saves you time and money traveling to and from class and gives you greater freedom to decide when and where you want to study. Plus, you don’t have the hassle of traveling to class on public transport or finding a car park.