Online Bookkeeping by Distance learning is an ideal option for students who wish to take advantage of programs that allow you to manage family or work obligations that may restrict your ability to relocate or travel while you achieve your educational goals and gain the knowledge and skills you need to advance your career and increase your earning potential.
How does Distance Online Bookkeeping with Bookkeeping Institute of Australia work?
It is quite simple really. After you have enrolled with Bookkeeping Institute of Australia and accepted our letter of offer we will ship to you all of the textbooks, study and accounting guides that you will need together with the MYOB Student Edition DVD and a CD containing all of the PowerPoint lecture and tutorial slides, assessments and reference material. You first will need to read our "Getting Started Guide" which will tell you what is contained in your package and our recommendations of what to do in what sequence.
Then you open up your first lecture in PowerPoint. This lecture will point you to which chapters in which book you should study and when. After finishing the lecture you will be advised to complete the 1st Assessment. Each of the 10 lectures follows much the same format.
If you get stuck you have only to call our dedicated student support line or email Bookkeeping Institute of Australia support for help. Because we are dedicated to bookkeeping you will get directly through to a support consultant that can help you. It's never been easier to learn bookkeeping by online.
HOW DO I ENROL?
Select this link for the enrolment a bookkeeping accredited course.
For all other courses, including the Introduction to Bookkeeping & Accounting, hover over the menu name to your left and click on the course name. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page where you will find the on-line booking questions. Please just answer the questions and click Add-to-cart.
OTHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS LIKE TAFE REQUIRE ME TO PURCHASE TEXTBOOKS AND EQUIPMENT ON TOP OF MY COURSE FEES. WHAT ADDITIONAL ITEMS WILL I NEED TO PURCHASE IF I STUDY WITH BIA?
WHEN WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO COURSE MATERIALS?
WILL I RECEIVE THE SAME ACCREDITATION FROM BIA THAT I WOULD GET THROUGH OTHER EDUCATION PROVIDERS LIKE TAFE?
WHAT DOES NATIONALLY RECOGNISED MEAN?
TAFE COURSES ARE AUSTUDY AND ABSTUDY APPROVED. CAN I APPLY FOR AUSTUDY OR ABSTUDY ASSISTANCE IF I STUDY WITH BIA?
TAFE courses are Austudy and Abstudy approved. Can I apply for Austudy or Abstudy assistance if I study with BIA?
Please call 1300 729 844 to discuss this option.
HOW LONG WILL MY COURSE TAKE?
WILL I RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE?
ARE THERE ANY PRE-REQUISITES FOR MY COURSE?
DO I NEED TO ATTEND AN INSTITUTE TO TAKE EXAMS?
HOW IS ONLINE LEARNING DIFFERENT FROM CLASSROOM-BASED COURSES?
- Studying online gives you greater flexibility. BIA students have the ability develop their own learning schedule around current commitments. Classroom training requires students to attend classes dictated by a formal timetable.
- Studying online with BIA means you can look after your children at home, while you are earning your education. Studying a classroom-based course means arranging childcare, and that can be expensive and inconvenient.
- There are no formalised timetables with distance online learning, which means you can complete your course around full-time work. This eliminates any potential financial strain and gives you more time to spend with your family and friends.
- BIA distance online learning has no formal timetables which means we accept enrolments at any time of the year so you can begin your course at a time that suits you.
- Having no classes to attend saves you time and money traveling to and from class and gives you greater freedom to decide when and where you want to study. Plus, you don’t have the hassle of traveling to class on public transport or finding a car park.