HOW DO I ENROL?
Select this link for the enrolment.
OTHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS LIKE TAFE REQUIRE ME TO PURCHASE TEXTBOOKS AND EQUIPMENT ON TOP OF MY COURSE FEES. WHAT ADDITIONAL ITEMS WILL I NEED TO PURCHASE IF I STUDY WITH BIA?
Textbooks are optional in the course for the Certificate III in Accounts Administration and Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping. We recommend students purchase the Australian Master Bookkeepers Guide textbook.
WHEN WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO COURSE MATERIALS?
Following acceptance of your enrolment and payment of your course fees access to the course materials will be available within approximately 5 working days.
WILL I RECEIVE THE SAME ACCREDITATION FROM BIA THAT I WOULD GET THROUGH OTHER EDUCATION PROVIDERS LIKE TAFE?
Yes, BIA is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) registered under the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) by the Training and Employment Recognition Council of the Queensland Government (national code 32559). This means that our accredited courses provide you with exactly the same qualification you would receive if you studied the course at TAFE.
WHAT DOES NATIONALLY RECOGNISED MEAN?
BIA is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) registered under the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) by the Training and Employment Recognition Council of the Queensland Government (national code 32559). This means that the course has been independently evaluated by the Queensland Department of Education, Training and the Arts (DETA) and found to meet strict standards set by industry and government representatives.
TAFE COURSES ARE AUSTUDY AND ABSTUDY APPROVED. CAN I APPLY FOR AUSTUDY OR ABSTUDY ASSISTANCE IF I STUDY WITH BIA?
TAFE courses are Austudy and Abstudy approved. Can I apply for Austudy or Abstudy assistance if I study with BIA?
Please call 1300 729 844 to discuss this option, but yes we are approved.
HOW LONG WILL MY COURSE TAKE?
Because you can study at your own pace, you can determine when you finish your course. Those undertaking the Certificate III incorporating the Certificate IV in Bookkeeping have 12 months to complete, those undertaking the Certificate III have 12 months and the BAS Agent Skill set 3 months.
WILL I RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE?
You will receive a NRT certificate upon completion of your course that you can show to friends, relatives and prospective employers with pride.
ARE THERE ANY PRE-REQUISITES FOR MY COURSE?
In most cases no. However please refer to the individual details of the course you have chosen.
DO I NEED TO ATTEND AN INSTITUTE TO TAKE EXAMS?
No, all assessments can be done in your own home or workplace.
HOW IS ONLINE LEARNING DIFFERENT FROM CLASSROOM-BASED COURSES?
- Studying online gives you greater flexibility. BIA students have the ability develop their own learning schedule around current commitments. Classroom training requires students to attend classes dictated by a formal timetable.
- Studying online with BIA means you can look after your children at home, while you are earning your education. Studying a classroom-based course means arranging childcare, and that can be expensive and inconvenient.
- There are no formalised timetables with distance online learning, which means you can complete your course around full-time work. This eliminates any potential financial strain and gives you more time to spend with your family and friends.
- BIA distance online learning has no formal timetables which means we accept enrolments at any time of the year so you can begin your course at a time that suits you.
- Having no classes to attend saves you time and money traveling to and from class and gives you greater freedom to decide when and where you want to study. Plus, you don’t have the hassle of traveling to class on public transport or finding a car park.
DO I NEED TO PURCHASE EXPENSIVE TEXTBOOKS?
Most learning materials are contained in your course fees. Optional extras on some courses are the MYOB Business manuals and the Australian Master Bookkeepers Guide. Most research can be done online.
WHAT IF I CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY FOR MY COURSE?
BIA has an easy payment plan that allows you to pay for the course - with easy payment arrangements.
WHAT IF I NEED HELP WITH MY COURSE?
Your highly qualified trainer is able to guide you through the exercises and answer your questions, so even though you are at home, you are never alone. Your assignments will be marked by your trainer, who will give you feedback on all written assignments, ensuring you are on the right track and motivated to achieve your goals. Zoom available, free of charge at all times. Telephone, email and zoom.
WHAT ARE THE COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS OF MY COURSE?
To complete any of our courses you will need access to a computer running Microsoft Window. If your course includes MYOB we include a Student Edition version of the software at no extra charge.