FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
Payment Method: Full fee: $2,997: $1,500 deposit and 10 fortnightly instalments of $149.70. Other payment arrangements available.
Bookkeepers Hub: 30 days membership included in course fee
REAL SUPPORT & FLEXIBLE LEARNING
CERTIFICATE IV IN BOOKKEEPING
This Nationally Recognised accredited course has been designed by Bookkeepers for Bookkeepers and is ideal for people looking for employment as a bookkeeper or people wanting to start their own bookkeeping business and become BAS Agents.
The primary pathway from this qualification is employment in a bookkeeping job role (or as a contract bookkeeper and BAS Agent) with functions that include:
- Establishing and maintaining manual and computerised accounting systems
- Completing Business Activity Statements (BAS) and other office financial statements
- Developing bookkeeping management systems for organisations
- General administration.
This national qualification has been developed for people seeking employment in a bookkeeping job role or as a contract bookkeeper and BAS Agent.
The Bookkeeping Institute of Australia wrote the first ever training course for this qualification and was the first training institute in Australia to deliver the qualification. The course has already been has been proven in the field with over 4,000 students undertaking Bookkeeping Institute of Australia Nationally Recognised training courses.
To gain this qualification competence is demonstrated by the answering of short answer theory questions and the successful completion of an open book MYOB assignments, designed to test the students ability to complete a set of monthly and quarterly accounts, including bank reconciliations and a BAS return.
This course includes 30 days free membership to the Bookkeepers Hub.
Students can undertake their own research using books, internet, magazines, workplace documentation etc, but the following textbooks can be purchased to assist you in completing the course:
- Working in the Financial Services Industry - This textbook provides students who are completing the financial services training package with an understanding of the industry and theinterpersonal and written communication skills required. [RPL - optional extra].
- Australian Master Bookkeepers Guide - 5th Edition - E-Book [Downloadable on two pcs]. An authority on the GST Act and BAS regulations witten by Stephen Marsden, a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, CPA Australia and a Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia.
The following resources are provided:
- Bookkeeping Institute of Australia Bookkeeping Business Guide [pdf] [Not available for RPL]
- Bookkeeping Institute of Australia Guide to FairWork and Payroll [pdf]
- Plus Bookkeeping Institute of Australia Accounting guides [pdf] [Not available for RPL students]
- Plus additional reference information
- A free copy of MYOB Student editiion software [optional for RPL]
- Your Free 30 days embership to the Bookkeepers Hub offering you the benefits of:
- Listing your bookkeeping services to potential business employers
- Resources to help you grow your income
- Connecting you to the Australian small business sector
- Help you with guidelines as to how to log the 1400 hours of relevant BAS and GST experience that you will need for re-registration.
- Provide you with knowledgeable advice and support on the bookkeeping industry and the new laws.
Resources required by the student:
- access to a computer with Microsoft Word and Excel
- access to the internet
- a valid and appropriate email address
Become a Bookkeeping Institute of Australia graduate and give yourself that extra edge when applying for a bookkeeping job or trying to land that new client.
FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
The online bookkeeping course Australia can be started at any time by distance learning (see estimated distance timetable), including PowerPoint slides, study and accounting guides and assessments using Microsoft Word and MYOB.
The Bookkeeping course online completed at your own pace in your own time. You can finish it as quickly as you like, or take the full 12 months [it can be extended on request].
Competence is demonstrated by both multiple assignments in Microsoft Excel and MYOB, together with short answer theory questions using Microsoft Word. The assessments are part of the learning process. They are open book and are designed to encourage you to research the answers and learn in the process.
The successful completion of the open book assignments are designed to test the students ability to complete monthly and quarterly accounts, including bank reconciliations, payroll and BAS returns.
The Certificate IV Units - part of the online bookkeeping course:
The Bookkeeping Institute of Australia has carefully chosen the 13 units in this qualification to ensure that our graduates are competent to be employed or contracted in a bookkeeping role, or to operate a business as a BAS Agent.
The 13 units have been carefully grouped into 7 assessments in order to avoid the duplications often found in individual unit assessments. That means that you only have to complete 7 assessments in order to qualify for all 13 units. All of these 13 units are nationally recognised and will form part of a pathway towards the FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting.
This course incorporates the 13 nationally accredited units that make up the FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping. Enrolment period is 12 months to complete all of the assessments. If a student is enrolling as RPL then the course period is six `6` months. If you wish to secure your place on the course immediately or to enrol for distance learning please book above. If you wish to discuss alternative payment arrangements please call. The instalment payment plan is through the Bill Buddy system.
The following information is to assist students and should be studied prior to your enrolment:
Please note that your course booking is subject to the completed enrolment form being emailed before the start date of your course and our acceptance of your enrolment by the issue of a Letter of Offer.
A basic knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Windows, Microsoft WORD and Microsoft EXCEL are pre-requisites for this course. If your EXCEL skills do not include formatting, formulas, functions and Working With Worksheets we recommend that you add the optional Microsoft Excel Basic training course to your booking.
Please call 1300 729 844 or 0409 497 397 (8am-8pm EST) if you experience any difficulty with our web site or our web based booking system - or wish to make payment by telephone.